Starts: Alva QLD 4807, Australia
Ends: Alva QLD 4807, Australia
We aim to provide certified divers with a unique adventure trip to the historic S.S.Yongala wreck, so bring your sense of adventure, passion to explore and eagerness to learn about the tragic history while you witness marine life matched by few other places on the face of this planet.
The ?Yongala Dive experience? takes you by 4WD transfer to the beach launch followed by a fast 30 minute boat trip, amazing diving with small groups, experienced dive staff and the day finished off with an Aussie BBQ !
From your arrival at the Dive Centre our friendly staff will assist you through your paperwork, equipment briefing and provide a thorough Dive Brief . Check out our Yongala Day Video to view our unique ?Yongala Dive Experience.
- Qualified, experienced friendly guides
- 4WD transfer to the beach launch
- Short 30 minute boat ride
- 2 Dives on the wreck
- Yongala history talk
- Snacks/drinks on vessel
- BBQ Lunch (at Dive Centre)
Daily departures from Alva Beach
Check in times at Dive Centre:
- 1 Trip per day ? 7.30am
- 2 Trip per day ? 7.00am and 11.30am
NB: 2nd trip only available once first trip full
What to bring
? Dive Certification Card
– Log book
– Agent voucher
- Overnight bag
- Bath towel
- 7:30am ? Check in at Dive Shop. Paperwork, Payments, dive gear
- 8:10am ? Dive Briefing
- 8:30am ? 4WD to beach for launch. Fast 30 min ride to Yongala (launch sometimes via tractor)
- 9:45 am ? S.S.Yongala Wreck. 2 dives ? no restrictions on dive times ? enjoy !! 1 hour surface interval ? yummy snacks, fruit, cordial/water (hot drinks/soups in winter)
- 2:00pm Return to Dive Centre for BBQ lunch. Showers, logbooks, dive training paperwork, Photo Slideshow (purchase photo?s, t-shirts, merchandise)
- 3:00pm ? All over ? transfers to Ayr (for 3:25 pm bus)
NB: Schedule is a guide only, times may change due to weather, tides, number of trips per day. Schedule commences 30 mins earlier on 2 trip days.