Starts: Darwin NT, Australia
Ends: Darwin NT, Australia
- We start our Kakadu tour by heading straight for a wildlife cruise with crocodiles and bird watching. Fantastic photo opportunities.
- Then we commence the drive toward Kakadu National Park.
- A picnic lunch on the East Alligator rivers bank (not too close!) with the opportunity to spot some crocs and flying foxes.
- Then on to the world famous Ubirr Rock in the north of the park. Ancient rock art and staggering 360? views over the Nardab floodplain.
- Dinner and camping under the stars in the heart of Kakadu at our safari camp.
- Toilets and Showers at Garnamarr. (L,D)
- After breakfast we do some 4 Wheel driving to Twin Falls. From here we take the escarpment walk to the top of the falls for a swim in the crystal clear pools away from the crowds.
- Then we?ll find a shady spot by Jim Jim Creek for some lunch.
- A short climb up Budjimi Lookout will reward you with spectacular views of the ancient Arnhemland escarpment.
- After lunch, a 1km walk through monsoonal vine forest to the base of Jim Jim Falls for a relaxing afternoon swimming in the plunge pool and resting on the beach.
- Tonight we camp at Garnamarr, at the base of the escarpment. Tonight we replenish ourselves with the Great Aussie BBQ including a taste plate of Crocodile, Buffalo and Kangaroo.
- Showers and toilets available. (B,L,D)
- An early start as we head to the Warradjan Cultural Centre to learn more about the local Aboriginal people of Kakadu.
- We then make our way to Barramundi Gorge (Maguk) for a 1km walk through towering paperbarks and crystal clear waters for a refreshing swim in the plunge pool.
- After a relaxing afternoon we drop you off at your accommodation in Jabiru where you can relax, regroup and get ready for 2 more days of adventure. (B,L,D)
- Accommodation at Jabiru.
- Territory Expeditions has arranged tonight?s accommodation at Aurora Kakadu Lodge. This is a resort style caravan park with a magnificent lagoon style pool, which is surrounded by lush tropical gardens and is complemented by the Poolside Bar & Bistro. Upon arrival you will be given a tent, swag, dinner and breakfast vouchers. The camp site is unpowered so be sure to bring a torch.
- You will be picked up from your accommodation at approx 8:30am for the start of an unforgettable experience.
- Today we visit Aboriginal Lands (Arnhem Land) access to this area is restricted to a select group of tour operators.
- While you are in Arnhem Land a traditional Aboriginal guide will show you excellent examples of rock art on Injalak Hill (Long Tom Dreaming), this area has some of the best rock art examples in
- Western Arnhem Land and some say Australia.
- The view from the top of the hill is simply breathtaking, looking out across the floodplains and around the escarpment
- When we farewell our Aboriginal guide back at the Injalak Art & Craft Centre there is an opportunity to browse or purchase goods from this non-profit Aboriginal organization.
- This afternoon we are privileged to have access into the valley, with its stunning scenery of billabongs, birds, escarpment this is truly a place where you can escape and experience this unique untouched haven of the Northern Territory.
- Returning to Darwin approximately 7pm ending this amazing Kakadu tour. (B,L)