Starts: Darwin NT, Australia
Ends: Darwin NT, Australia
- We start our Kakadu tour by heading straight for a wildlife cruise with crocodiles and bird watching.Fantastic photo opportunities.
- Then we commence the drive toward Kakadu National Park.
- A picnic lunch on the East Alligator rivers bank (not too close!) with the opportunity to spot some crocs and flying foxes.
- Then on to the world famous Ubirr Rock in the north of the park. Ancient rock art and staggering 360? views over the Nardab floodplain.
- Dinner and camping under the stars in the heart of Kakadu at our safari camp.
- Toilets and Showers at Garnamarr. (L,D)
- After breakfast we do some 4 Wheel driving to Twin Falls. From here we take the escarpment walk to the top of the falls for a swim in the crystal clear pools away from the crowds.
- Then we?ll find a shady spot by Jim Jim Creek for some lunch.
- A short climb up Budjimi Lookout will reward you with spectacular views of the ancient Arnhemland escarpment.
- After lunch, a 1km walk through monsoonal vine forest to the base of Jim Jim Falls for a relaxing afternoon swimming in the plunge pool and resting on the beach.
- Tonight we camp at Garnamarr, at the base of the escarpment. Tonight we replenish ourselves with the Great Aussie BBQ including a taste plate of Crocodile, Buffalo and Kangaroo.
- Showers and toilets available. (B,L,D)
- An early start as we head to the Warradjan Cultural Centre to learn more about the local Aboriginal people of Kakadu.
- We then make our way to Barramundi Gorge (Maguk) for a 1km walk through towering paperbarks and crystal clear waters for a refreshing swim in the plunge pool.
- Heading home after a fantastic tour along the old Jim Jim road stopping of at White Lily billabong for our last look at Kakadu and a stretch of the legs.
- We return to Darwin approximately 5.30pm ending our Kakadu tour. (B,L)