Starts: Melbourne VIC, Australia
Ends: Melbourne VIC, Australia
Ride is a small, proudly independent company set up for backpackers and adventurers to explore The Great Ocean Road the right way! I am Todd, and I have been a guide for 14 years and love the Great Ocean Road, but became increasingly frustrated at driving the typical commercial ‘one day tour’. Nobody wants to drive 600kms in the day and take almost 14-15 hours to do the tour spending most the day on a bus.
We are the only company to drive the road in the opposite direction! This allows us to avoid all the day-trip buses, and we get the boring drive out of the way first thing, saving the best of The Great Ocean Road to last! Our Great Ocean Road tours are from Melbourne and are a perfect 2 days long! This enables us to take our time along the way so that you will never feel rushed. The only timeline we have is to ensure we arrive on time at the 12 Apostles for sunset. We pack our tour with amazing activities, and destinations outlined below.
The Great Ocean Road Tours from Melbourne features:
- Tower Hill – A beautiful sunken volcano home to loads of kangaroos, koalas and emus.
- Logan?s Beach – See the whales that come here to nurse their young each winter.
- The 12 Apostles – An amazing sunset experience and see the penguins returning from their days fishing.
- FREE hostel – we will stay here & eat a FREE BBQ feast.
- Beautiful Loch Ard Gorge.
- Back to the 12 Apostles – See them again in daylight.
- Helicopter flight – (optional but highly recommended $95)
- Maits Rest – With a guided rainforest walk
- Lunch – In an awesome seaside town of Apollo Bay.
- Great scenery all afternoon as we wind our way towards Bells? Beach driving the original stretch of road hugging the ocean all the way (about 2 hours of stunning driving, so no sleeping!!!)
- ‘Round the Twist’ Lighthouse
- Bells Beach. – Watch the best surfers showing off their surfing skills
- Torquay – home to Rip Curl and Quicksilver for shopping. (Optional stop)