Starts: Rainbow Beach QLD 4581, Australia
Ends: Rainbow Beach QLD 4581, Australia
How It Works:
The Tag-along experience involves 4 vehicles on a 4WD adventure on Fraser Island.
The lead vehicle, driven by an experienced guide, seats up to 10 guests while the other 3 vehicles can seat up to 8 people each and are driven by travellers.
It?s the perfect choice for groups after their own freedom but still wanting to learn about the famous island and how to handle a four-wheel-drive safely.
Solo travellers needn?t worry about joining the tour either as they can easily hop aboard any of the vehicles.
Regardless of which vehicle you travel in, the driving is mixed around, giving you the opportunity to experience the thrill of four-wheel-driving on a sandy beach.
A compulsory safety briefing takes place at 2pm in the hostel the day prior to departure. Fraser?s will give you an overview of the trip including a video on the highlights of Fraser Island and a comprehensive driver safety talk to ensure you will safely enjoy your time on the island.
- Low-kilometre 4WDs
- All camping and cooking equipment/utensils
- A knowledgeable and experienced trip leader
- Return ferry to Fraser Island, approximately 10 minutes from Rainbow Beach
- Comprehensive afternoon briefing with video about highlights of Fraser Island
- Thorough information on vehicle and driver safety
- Food for 3 days and drinking water facility
- Camping fees, ferry vehicle access and national park permits (Optional sleeping bag hire $10)
When booking, select from either 2 or 3 nights pre/post accommodation at Frasers on Rainbow Backpackers, Rainbow Beach. Please note that the only bus which departs from Rainbow Beach after you return from the tour on the same day is the Premier bus travelling northbound. It is not possible to depart the same day on a Greyhound bus, this is the reason we advise you to use a nights accommodation after the tour returns.