Starts: Adelaide SA, Australia
Ends: Adelaide SA, Australia
Leaving Adelaide, we’ll head out through the southern suburbs of Adelaide and join the metropolitan coastline. Enjoy coastal views as we head to the McLaren Vale Visitor Information Centre for morning tea.
Travel a short distance into the McLaren Vale region and our first cellar door Wirra Wirra Vineyards, which is located amongst the gum trees in the historic ironstone cellars. Enjoy a short tour of the cellars and tastings of the range of quality wines. Look out for the ‘catapult’ in the picturesque grounds surrounding the cellar door.
Our next stop is Red Poles for a delicious 2-course lunch incorporating fresh, local produce. This unique restaurant, a favourite among locals, is a combination of a restaurant, art gallery and cellar door. If you have time, you may wish to try the ‘paddle’ of local beers or wines from a local winemaker (additional cost).
After lunch, we continue our McLaren Vale experience by visiting d’Arenberg cellar door. Explore a range of wines in the historic Stables, whilst the experienced staff share the d’Arenberg winemaking philosophies and the history of the 4th generation family own business.
Our final stop for the day is Hardy’s Tintara, which is located on the main street of McLaren Vale. Choose to enjoy further wine tastings or stroll along the main street of this delightful town. We return to Adelaide via the seaside suburb of Glenelg where you will have the option to leave the tour here or return to Adelaide.
- Morning pick-up and evening set down at selected Adelaide Hotels
- Expert commentary by local Driver/Guide
- Morning tea at the McLaren Vale Visitor Information Centre
- Wine tastings at Wirra Wirra Vineyards, McLaren Vale
- Delicious 2-course lunch at Red Poles, McLaren Vale
- Cellar door tastings in the historic ‘Stables’ at d’Arenberg, McLaren Vale
- Free time to stroll down McLaren Vale main street OR optional wine tastings at Hardy’s Tintara